Century Heating CW2100 Fireplace Insert CB00027
CW2100 Wood insertCB00027
- Tapered shape (top and sides) designed to fit the smallest masonry hearths
- Flush blower for a clean look, with left/right power cord
- Lightweight steel faceplate with hooks that snap onto the front of the unit
- Moulded high density refractory panels on the bottom of the appliance and grey bricks on the sides
- Reinforced appliance top with a stainless steel heat shield
- Cast iron door and ceramic glass
- EPA certified at 1.5 g/h
- Non-catalytic combustion system
- Designed and made in Canada
- Included: 26" x 42" faceplate, air intake damper and 110 CFM blower with thermodisc
|Recommended heating area||250 - 1,200 ft²|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood||45,000 BTU/h|
|Dimensions||27 7/8" W X 21 7/8" D X 20 1/8" H|
|Maximum log length||17" (16" recommended)|
|Average particulate emission rate||1.5 g/h|
|Wood insert manual | Safety notifications & general information||PDF to download|
|Installation and user’s manual||PDF to download|
|Appliance dimensions||PDF to download|
|Fuel type||Dry cordwood|
|Recommended heating area(3)||250 - 1,200 ft²|
|Overall firebox volume||1.1 ft³|
|EPA loading volume||1.03 ft³|
|Maximum burn time(3)||7 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood(4)||45,000 BTU/h|
|Minimum overall heat output rate(4) (5)||8,471 BTU/h (2.48 kW)|
|Maximum overall heat output rate(4) (5)||31,700 BTU/h (9.29 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (HHV)(5) (6)||75%|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (LHV)(5) (7)||80%|
|Optimum efficiency(8) (9)||82%|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency(11)||78%|
|Average particulate emission rate(1)||1.5 g/h|
|Average CO(10)||34 g/h|
- This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
- Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
- Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
- The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
- As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
- Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
- Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
- Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
- Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
- The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the wood logs into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
- Carbon monoxyde.
|Mobile home approved||No|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||110 CFM included|
|Certified according to applicable standards||CAN/USA accredited laboratory|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system||Yes|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Recommended chimney diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Minimum chimney height||12"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||27 7/8"|
|Overall dimension (Height)||20 1/8"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||21 7/8"|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Door opening size (Width)||18 1/4"|
|Door opening size (Height)||7 7/8"|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface - W x H||17 3/8" x 8 1/8"|
|Firebox size (Width)||16 3/4"|
|Firebox size (Height)||8 3/4"|
|Firebox size (Depth)||12 3/8"|
|Maximum log length||17" (16" recommended)|
|Log positioning||Loading over width|
|Baffle type||C-Cast or equivalent|
|Minimum fireplace opening (Width)||25"|
|Minimum fireplace opening (Height)||19"|
|Minimum fireplace opening (Depth)||15 1/2"|
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA Standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (safety)||ULC S628|
|USA Standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Warranty||Limited 5 years|
|Shipping weight||282 lb (kg)|
ClearancesMinimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Clearances - Base of the unit to ceiling **||72"||72"|
|Clearances - Combustible top mantle to unit||34"||34"|
|Clearances - Combustible side wall to unit||16"||16"|
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
** Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.