Century Cw2900-i Wood Insert With Faceplate CB00022
High efficiency 2020 EPA certified wood insert of the Large size category. It will revive your old masonry fireplace and warm up the inside of your house. It comes with a 34" x 50" faceplate. Its firebox allows it to fit logs up to 20 inches long. Average particulate emissions rate: 1.54 g/h. Recommended heating area: 500-2,100 sq. ft. Maximum heat output: 75,000 BTU/h. Firebox volume: 2.4 cu. Ft. Large size firebox, versatile. Included: 34’’ X 50’’ faceplate, air intake damper and blower with thermodisc. Spring faceplate adjustment system which easily adapts to any type of hearth. Stainless steel top heat protector to extend the life of your appliance. Cast iron door and ceramic glass. Non-catalytic combustion system. Designed and made in Canada. OPTIONS: ash drawer, firescreen, fresh air intake kit, fresh air intake register and insulated flex pipe for fresh air intake kit.
- Large size firebox, versatile
- Included: 34" x 50" faceplate, air intake damper and 144 CFM blower with thermodisc
- Spring faceplate adjustment system which easily adapts to any type of hearth
- Stainless steel top heat protector to extend the life of your appliance
- Cast iron door and ceramic glass
- EPA certified at 1.54 g/h
- Non-catalytic combustion system
- Designed and made in Canada
|Fuel type||Dry cordwood|
|Recommended heating area(3)||500 - 2,100 ft²|
|Overall firebox volume||2.4 ft³|
|EPA loading volume||2.02 ft³|
|Maximum burn time(3)||8 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood(4)||75,000 BTU/h (22 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate-min(4) (5)||14,800 BTU/h (4.34 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate-max(4) (5)||28,600 BTU/h (8.38 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency-EPA cribs (HHV)(5) (6)||N.A.|
|Average overall efficiency-EPA cribs (LHV)(5) (7)||N.A.|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (HHV)(5) (6)||69%|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (LHV)(5) (7)||74%|
|Optimum efficiency(8) (9)||77%|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency(11)||75%|
|Average particulate emissions rate(1)||1.54 g/h|
|Average CO(10)||89.4 g/h|
- This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
- Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
- Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
- The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
- As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
- Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
- Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
- Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
- Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
- The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the wood logs into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
- Carbon monoxyde.
|Approved for a mobile home installation||No|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||144|
|Certified according to applicable standards||CAN/USA accredited laboratory|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system||Yes|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Minimum chimney height||12"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||28 1/2"|
|Overall dimension (Height)||22 5/8"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||26 1/2"|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Door opening size (Width)||17 1/2"|
|Door opening size (Height)||9"|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface - W x H||14 7/8" x 9 1/4"|
|Firebox size (Width)||21"|
|Firebox size (Height)||11 7/8"|
|Firebox size (Depth)||16 1/2"|
|Maximum log length||20" (16" recommended)|
|Log positioning||Loading over width|
|Baffle type||High quality vermiculite|
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA Standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (safety)||ULC S628|
|USA Standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Minimum fireplace opening (Height)||23 3/8"|
|Minimum fireplace opening (Width)||28 7/8"|
|Minimum fireplace opening (Depth)||15 3/4"|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to back unit||6 3/4"|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to side unit||13 1/2"|
|Warranty||Limited 5 years|
|Shipping Weight||415 lb (188 kg)|
|Approved for an alcove installation||No|
ClearancesMinimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Clearances - From the base of the unit to the ceiling **||84"||84"|
|Clearances - Combustible side mantle to unit||9"||9"|
|Clearances - Combustible top mantle to unit||27"||27"|
|Clearances - Combustible side wall to unit||16"||16"|
|Clearances - From the top of the insert to the shelf||27"||27"|
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
** Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.
General policy of shipping
Please note that we can not deliver to PO Boxes.
Make sure to use a street address for ordering.
In some places, we are able to offer two shipping options: standard and express. However, since it involves air transportation, some items can not be sent in this mode of delivery. The items containing hazardous materials or regulated, as well as oversized or overweight should be sent by road transport.
The heaters are delivered by truck-trailer. The delivery service is limited to your driveway for cars. The driver will drop items to the outside front entrance of your home (garage, porch, shelter) you have determined. The driver and his truck must then have reasonable access to your entry. This release your control of the truck, but then you will be responsible for bringing it inside your home. This service therefore does not include the installation or assembly of items or removal of packaging materials.
For heating, the delivery terminal will contact you when your item arrives to schedule a delivery appointment. Deliveries are made between 8 am and 17 pm Monday to Friday and are scheduled within a range of 4 hours. Upon delivery, please inspect your (your) article (s). Unless otherwise from you, you must sign the delivery note. Please note any damage to the item or packaging on the delivery receipt. For refusing delivery due to damage, please note the explanation on that receipt. Typically, a signature is required for all deliveries. The driver is not able to complete delivery without a signed receipt from you.
Transport can sometimes be impossible or more expensive (for example, when it comes to remote, difficult to access or outside Canada and the USA). We reserve the right to notify you of additional shipping or handling fees required for delivery of your order after you purchase items online. If you receive a notice of additional costs, you can change or cancel your order for a full refund without penalty. Areas prone to overloading include, but are not limited to the following locations
- US territories and protectorates (Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Guam, ...)
- Alaska and Hawaii
- Yukon, Nunavut and Northwest Territories
- Anticosti Island
Estimated shipping time
If you order by noon Eastern time (EST), the items will be normally shipped within 2 business days.
Shipping and order confirmation
Shortly after placing your order you will receive a confirmation email indicating that we have well received. Thereafter, you will receive a second email when the latter is shipped.
Shipping not available items
We are proud of our high rate of orders delivered on time. However, we may occasionally be out of stock on some items. If an item is not available, we will give the estimated date of delivery. You will be able to place your order and we will deliver on the promised date. If ever many items are ordered together, we will group automatically. Their delivery date will be that of the item whose availability date is the later. If you want some items are delivered immediately, so we recommend making two separate transactions. Thus, the available items will be delivered immediately and those out of stock at a later date that will be communicated.
Century Return Policy
Your return request for repayment of an article must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of purchase. Proof of purchase (or order number) is required. Products must be returned in their original packaging and accompanied by all the parts, including the instruction manuals if necessary. If he misses the packaging, parts or instruction manuals, SBI reserves the right to deduct an equivalent amount corresponding to the value of the missing items. Our customer service will issue the credit within 14 days of receipt of returned products. Postage and handling are not refundable. The packages that are not clearly identified with the return authorization number on the outside of the package will be refused and returned to the sender's expense. Make sure you use a carrier that will be able to provide a tracking number and proof of delivery for traceability.
We want to simplify the return process. Note however that regardless of the return, when an article has to cross the border, certain documents are required by the customs authorities. We will provide the documents and detailed instructions of where to return the goods that the goods are cleared without delay and without charge.
Follow all the instructions included with the return authorization papers. The processing of a return from the United States may take 1 to 2 days, the time that the proper customs documents are issued.
If a part is faulty, immediately contact our online service at email@example.com. Before contacting us, please have the following information to process your warranty claim:
- Your name, address and telephone number;
- The invoice or order number;
- The nature of the defect and any relevant information;
- Digital photos may be required to support a defect.
Before shipping a defective part to our office, you must obtain an authorization number SBI inc.
Returned goods without permission will automatically be refused and returned to sender.