Pentair Water Solutions Whole House Iron & Hydrogen Sulfide Removal System With Air Aeration (1-2 Bath) 35928
- Reduce red-orange stains on toilets, sinks, and tubs
- Uses an aeration process and catalytic coated mineral media to reduce contaminants without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Two unique models to choose from to meet the demands of your home based on your home size (or number of bathrooms)
BENEFITS OF IRON REDUCTION FROM WATER
Our Whole House Iron Reduction System uses a catalytic coated mineral media to reduce iron, manganese, and sulfur in your home's water supply. Reduce that bothersome "rotten egg" smell and dark stains on your fixtures when you install a Pentair solution.
- Simple yet robust valve design provides a low-maintenance and long-lasting system, with a premium electronic control.
- Simple, electronic system for easy programming; maintains settings during power outages
- Singular, rotary disc seal means longer life and lower maintenance
- Self-cleaning injector reduces maintenance
- Chemical-free operation minimizes operating costs, aerates the iron via an air oxidation process so no chlorine or bleach are needed
HOW IT WORKS
1. Air Oxidation
As your home’s incoming water passes through the unique Pentair valve head, the valve uses an aeration process which oxidizes the iron in your water for more effective filtration through the tank. This process requires no extra chemicals to be added, unlike other iron filtration products which require chlorine or bleach to be added. Aeration provides the dissolved oxygen needed to convert the iron and manganese from ferrous and manganous (soluble) forms to insoluble oxidized ferric and manganic forms.
2. Iron Filtration
Occurs when oxidized water passes through the media tank that is filled with activated catalytic coated mineral media. This reduces iron and manganese by filtering the contaminants as the water passes through the media. It reduces the iron and manganese from the water supply, delivering fresh water to the home. The media will need to be cleaned and reactivated on a regular basis through engaging the backwash cycle.
Periodically the system will go through a backwashing cycle where water is flushed through the system and up through the media, then discharged to the drain. Backwashing lengthens the life of the media and maintains the performance of the filter.
Backwashing cycles are controlled by the electronic meter on the top of the system’s tank. The backwash cycle can be set to a specified number of days or as the electronic head recognizes that a certain amount of water has been used.
- PENTAIR WHOLE HOUSE AIR INJECTION IRON REDUCTION SYSTEMS MANUAL
- PENTAIR AERATION IRON FILTER HOMEOWNER BROCHURE
- PENTAIR AERATION IRON FILTER SPEC SHEET
System Tested and Certified by WQA to NSF/ANSI 372 for Lead Free Compliance only.
- Electronic Valve Head
- Resin Tank with Iron Reduction Media
- Owner’s Manual / Installation Guide
Installation Recommendation: Professional
Location: Indoor/Outdoor. If installing outdoors, this system should not be installed in direct sunlight without the presence of a weather cover accessory (sold separately). System should not be installed in an area that is exposed to freezing temperatures. See Owner’s Manual for details.