Ideal for heating up to 2,100 ft², the Escape 1800 is the ultimate versatile wood insert! With only 1.54 g/h of particulate emissions, this non-catalytic appliance gives off up to 75,000 BTU/h. The Escape 1800 is the perfect choice to update your masonry fireplace and make it efficient!
Included: 6'' liner kit (25' Vortex flexible stainless steel liner, connector, 13'' x 13'' top plate, chimney cap with no screen), 32'' x 50'' faceplate with brushed nickel trim, blower, ceramic glass, ash lip, air damper
- - Burn time up to 8 hours
- - Up to 20'' logs
- - 2.4 ft³ firebox
- - Robust 5/16'' steel
- - EPA certified
- - Proudly made in Canada
- - Limited lifetime warranty
- - Weight : 495 lbs
Options: firescreen, fresh air intake
|Fuel type||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
|Recommended heating area (9)||500 - 2,100 ft²|
|Overall firebox volume||2.4 ft³|
|EPA loading volume||2.02 ft³|
|Maximum burn time (9)||8 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood (4)||75,000 BTU/h (22.0 kW)|
|Minimum overall heat output rate (4) (5)||14,800 BTU/h (4.34 kW)|
|Maximum overall heat output rate (4) (5)||28,600 BTU/h (8.38 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (HHV) (5) (6)||69 %|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (LHV) (5) (7)||74 %|
|Optimum efficiency (1) (2)||77 %|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency (8)||75 %|
|Average particulate emission rate (3)||1.54 g/h|
|Average CO (10)||89.4 g/h|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||144|
|Certified according to applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system||Yes|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to back unit||6 7/8"|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to side unit||13 1/2"|
|Type of chimney||Liner - ULC-S635, CAN/ULC-S640, UL1777|
|Minimum chimney height||12'|
|Overall dimension (Width)||28 3/8"|
|Overall dimension (Height)||23 1/8"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||26 3/8"|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Door opening size (Width)||17 1/2"|
|Door opening size (Height)||9"|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface - W x H||16" x 9 1/4"|
|Firebox size (Width)||21"|
|Firebox size (Height)||11 7/8"|
|Firebox size (Depth)||16 1/2"|
|Maximum log length||20"|
|Log positioning||Loading over width|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks||Yes|
|Baffle type||High quality vermiculite|
|Minimum fireplace opening (Height)||23 3/8"|
|Minimum fireplace opening (Width)||28 7/8"|
|Minimum fireplace opening (Depth)||15 3/4"|
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA Standard (emissions)||EPA / ASTM WK47329|
|Canadian Standard (safety)||ULC S628|
|USA Standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Shipping weight||405 lb (178 kg)|
CLEARANCE TO COMBUSTIBLES*
|Clearance - Combustible side wall to unit||16"||16"|
|Clearance - Combustible side mantle to unit||9"||9"|
|Clearance - Combustible top mantle to unit||27"||27"|
|Clearance - Top of the unit to a 12" combustible mantle shelf||27"||27"|
|Clearance - Base of the unit to ceiling**||84"||84"|
**Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.
1. Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
2. Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
3. This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
4. The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
5. As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
6. Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
7. Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
8. The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the solid fuels into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
9. Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
10. Carbon monoxyde.
My Fireplace Products inc. offers a six (6) months limited warranty on all accessories and ninety (90) days on all parts replaced under this warranty, with the exception of consumables (fire-gel, screws, silicone, etc.).
THIS WARRANTY APPLIES ONLY:
- To the original purchaser and is not transferable.
- For normal residential use.
- New products that have not been modified, altered or repaired since shipment from the factory.
- When applicable, a qualified technician must perform the installation in accordance with the instructions provided with the product and with local and national building codes.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Scratches, corrosion, deformation or discoloration caused by overheating, abrasives or chemical cleaners.
- Damages caused by improper use, misuse, lack of maintenance, overheating, neglect, power shortage, lack of chimney draft or return of smoke.
- Any defect or damage arising from the use of unauthorized parts or other than original parts.
- Any claim related to improper installation.
The manufacturer may require that defective products be returned or that digital pictures be submitted in support of the claim. Returned products must be shipped prepaid to the manufacturer for investigation. If the product is defective, the manufacturer will repair or replace the defective product. Reasonable shipping charges for returning the product will be reimbursed by My Fireplace Products inc.
The manufacturer may, at its discretion, either repair or replace any part after inspection and investigation of the defect or fully discharge all obligations with respect to this warranty by refunding the wholesale price of any defective part. The manufacturer shall in no event be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages of any nature whatsoever which exceeds the original purchase price of the product. This warranty applies to products purchased after November 1, 2010.
If a part is defective, immediately contact our online service firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before contacting us, please have the following information to process your warranty claim:
- Your name, address and telephone number.
- The invoice or order number.
- The nature of the defect and any relevant information.
- Digital photos may be required to support a defect.
Before shipping a defective part at our office, you must obtain an authorization number from My Fireplace Products inc. Any merchandise returned without authorization will automatically be refused and returned to sender.