Pentair Water Solutions Whole House Water Filter System + UV (4-6 Bathrooms) PC1000-PUV-14-P
- Certified filtration to reduce 97% of chlorine
- UV does not negatively affect the taste, color, or odor of your water
- Simple and convenient installation when purchased with Install Kit
COMPREHENSIVE CONTROL WITH A COMBINATION SYSTEM
Chlorine is a commonly used water treatment method used to kill things like parasites, cysts, bacteria, and viruses. But, when used in higher doses, chlorine can leave behind its signature foul taste and odor in your drinking water. Or you might also experience dry, itchy skin when you get out of the shower. With a Pentair Whole House Water Filter System + UV, you can enjoy the peace of mind that your filtration system is reducing sediment, dirt, and debris from your water while also reducing levels of chlorine or other disinfection byproducts (DBPs). This water filter is ideal for those on a city water supply. Other benefits of this combination system:
- Does not waste water
- Does not negatively affect the taste, color or odor of your water
- Sediment prefilter prevents dirt and debris from entering your home’s water system
- UV uses nothing but ultraviolet light and does not affect the taste, color, or odor of your water
- Durable stainless steel design
HOW IT WORKS
1. 5 Micron Prefilter System
The prefilter system reduces debris, sand, silt and sediment in the water supply down to 5 microns (imagine 20 times smaller than a human hair) in size. The prefilter helps protect plumbing and water-using appliances from excess sediment, increasing their effectiveness. With average use, the prefilter will last approximately 6-9 months before needing replacement.
2. Catalytic Granular Activated Carbon Media (GAC)
Pentair uses a high-grade mesh blend of coconut shell based activated carbon in its whole house carbon filters. The carbon media filters common water contaminants like chlorine, chloramines, and industrial solvents, among many more.
3. Copper and Zinc Oxidation Media
This stage aids in the reduction of chlorine, chloramines, and other disinfection byproducts (DBPs) and extends the GAC carbon’s life.
4. UV Disinfection
UV disinfection does not affect taste, color, or odor of your water.
MANUALS & DOWNLOADS
- PENTAIR WATER SOLUTIONS PUV7 & PUV14 UV SYSTEMS MANUAL
PC600-P/PC1000-P - Certified By IAPMO R&T to NSF/ANSI 42 for Chlorine Taste and Odor Reduction, and Structural Integrity.
PC600-P/PC1000-P - Certified By IAPMO R&T to NSF/ANSI 61 for Material Safety.
- Prefilter with Mounting Bracket
- Carbon Filter System
- UV System
- Bypass Valve / Fittings
- Owner’s Manual / Installation Guide
Convenient and simple installation when purchased with an Install Kit.
Do not install outdoors if you live in an area exposed to freezing temperatures. See Owner's Manual for details.
Prefilter: Every 6-9 months
Carbon Tank Media Replacement:
- Every 5 years or 650,885 gallons (PC600-P) or 1,301,770 gallons (PC1000-P)
- UV bulbs typically last for one year